Budgam youth clinches silver at 37th national games in Goa

Budgam youth clinches silver at 37th national games in Goa

Arooj Ahmad, a talented youth hailing from Budgam has secured a silver medal at the recently concluded 37th National Games held in Goa.

This achievement stands as a testament not only to Arooj's personal commitment and hard work but also to the invaluable guidance provided by his coach, Mir Salma.

His coach Salma's unwavering support and expert training played a pivotal role in shaping Arooj's success on the national stage, as the athlete-coach duo's partnership is a shining example of the profound impact that trust and teamwork can have in the world of sports.

“I am extremely happy over my achievement of winning a silver medal in Sqay martial arts under the senior national category. I have been playing this game for the past seven years, and I am overwhelmed by my achievement,” Arooj told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO).

“I am the only person in my district to have won the Silver medal in this game. and I would like to thank my coach, my family, and everyone who supported me for achieving this feat.”

Similarly, the history of “SQAY” can be traced to the early days of Kashmir's history, when man learned to protect himself from wild animals, individually or collectively. Before 4012 B.C., Sqay Martial Art was used by Kashmiris to protect themselves and used this art for killing animals for their food purposes

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post